Baby James...SO close to sleeping through the night. Last night was the fourth night this week where he slept from 11pm to 4am. So we are getting really close! Of course, being the nervous mother that I am, I keep waking up at 2am wondering if he is awake and ok, and I have to go in and check on him. But now that he is sleeping for longer periods of time at night, he is up almost the ENTIRE day. His eyes are like saucers he is so awake.
This past wednesday I decided that I was going to go into Tysons corner to the mall with James. I fed him, changed him, he had tummy time, and let him sleep on me a bit. Then I but him in his car seat and went to the mall. Oh my goodness. From the time we walked into the mall, until I left, he screamed. There was no consoling him. I went into three different dressing rooms to try and calm him down - but nothing worked. So I left the mall, put him back in his car seat, and oh look! He's smiling again. Crazy little boy.
So, I decided to try it again yesterday. I went to Leesburg Outlets this time, and he screamed again. But this time, I handled it a little different. I let him scream a little bit, and picked him up only when he really really needed to be. The thing I like most about Leesburg outlets, and going during the early part of the day, is that 90% of the people there are mothers with young kids. So my baby wasn't the only one yelling. James learned pretty quickly, and I walked around with my wide eyed boy in the stroller, with only a couple tantrums in a 3 hour period. I was able to do some birthday shopping for Spencer and even got a new skirt and top for myself. I was proud of myself for being firm, and proud of my little boy for being patient. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment