I'm pretty proud of myself - with all that is going on, I have actually just about finished doing all of our christmas cards!
The past couple weeks have been hectic - I've been sick for two weeks, and poor little James has been sick. Feels like so much running around, and so much to do. I'm haven't been to the gym in two weeks, and I'm hoping to get there next week now that I am feeling better!
Over the weekend Spencer and I are going to decorate for christmas - I am VERY excited about that :) For the first time ever, we are going to get a real wreath and garland complete with the wonderful spell of pine - yummy!! I am excited to put up our tree, but I am wondering what little James will do to it. The living room is his domain - we have surrendered it to him. But how do we keep him away from the shiny lights and colorful things that is a christmas tree? hmmm...suggestions are welcome!
Christmas is my all time favorite holiday - so many smells and memories. I still think of my mom's christmas potoppurri (I know I didn't spell that right!!) that would fill my childhood home with an amazing scent. So far the only thing that I feel comes close to that scent is Yankee candles "Mistletoe". I love cold days and evenings being with my family - cuddled up on our couch. I love how we all fit on it - Spencer, me, James and Allie, all snuggled together watching TV. I love picking up my little boy, because he is always so warm - especially after naps. Those rosey cheeks are wonderful! That sleepy little face makes me melt every time. I love the soft glow of christmas lights from our tree - I am determined to put up lots of christmas lights this year :) *sigh* ahhhh Christmas :)
Last night, Spencer gave me an early christmas present. Its a star sapphire pendant with a diamond on top, set in white gold. Its gorgeous! He is determined to give me something sparkly each year. :) As has been our strange custom with jewelry purchases, both of us were there to design the piece. The jeweler called last night while I was napping to let Specner know the pendant was done and he couldn't wait another month to show it to me so we just called it a Thanksgiving present. The sapphire came from a ring that he had bought on a trip with his Dad - it has lots of sentimental value and he has always loved the stone. Last year he melted down the gold from the ring to be able to buy me earrings, but the stone was saved. Since I have always admired the stone, he had it made into a pendant so I could wear it. If you aren't familiar with a star sapphire, its a dark blue stone, that when it catches the light, a bright star beams off it. Its so pretty :) I love my hubby. He is so thoughtful and I am so grateful for such a beautiful present :)
Well thats all for now :) Sorry I haven't updated the blog in so long - I don't know how time escapes me these days!
1 comment:
Everything sounds full and happy. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Have fun decorating for Christmas and kiss those little baby cheeks for me!
Post a Comment