I recently completed a survey for the Washington Family Magazine. This is a great magazine that shows different family friendly events happening in the DC area, along with many fabulous articles and tips. After sending the survey in to the publisher, she wrote me back saying that she loved my comments and they brought tears to her eyes. With Mother's day around the corner, I thought I would share the survey and my answers with everyone. What is the most important part of motherhood?
The most important and vital part is the bond and love between a mother and child. I never knew how strongly I could love someone (aside from my husband) until my son was born. What a truly wonderful blessing!
What is the hardest part of motherhood?
That's the thing. Motherhood IS hard. Nobody said it was going to be easy! But the blessings outway the hardships by far.
What makes you feel appreciated? (I feel appreciated as a mother when . . . )
When my son smiles at me. Thats all it takes.
What have you learned from being a mother that you didn't expect?
The patience I have learned. I was never a very patient person, but being a mother has taught me that patience is a vey necessary part of being a mother.
What was your mother right about? (and you thought she was wrong)
Most everything. I can't believe I was such a know it all! Haha
What's the perfect Mother's Day gift for you?
A long run with our dog, followed by a BBQ with our whole family, outside, running around on a sunny day laughing and smiling while my husband BBQ's. I don't need gifts. Those kind of moments are things I cherish most.
The most important and vital part is the bond and love between a mother and child. I never knew how strongly I could love someone (aside from my husband) until my son was born. What a truly wonderful blessing!
What is the hardest part of motherhood?
That's the thing. Motherhood IS hard. Nobody said it was going to be easy! But the blessings outway the hardships by far.
What makes you feel appreciated? (I feel appreciated as a mother when . . . )
When my son smiles at me. Thats all it takes.
What have you learned from being a mother that you didn't expect?
The patience I have learned. I was never a very patient person, but being a mother has taught me that patience is a vey necessary part of being a mother.
What was your mother right about? (and you thought she was wrong)
Most everything. I can't believe I was such a know it all! Haha
What's the perfect Mother's Day gift for you?
A long run with our dog, followed by a BBQ with our whole family, outside, running around on a sunny day laughing and smiling while my husband BBQ's. I don't need gifts. Those kind of moments are things I cherish most.
3 comments:
I love the new picture of James in your header :)
Thanks Sara! That was one of the pictures I took of him while we were at the Reston Zoo. He was such a good kid for that trip :)
You are such a wonderful mother. I love the time and effort you devote to your family. I'm so proud of you.
I too LOVE the opening picture of James, it just makes me want to kiss those smiling cheeks.
Post a Comment