Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Oh Canada!

Part of the Boulter Family took their first trip to Canada last week. As part of my job at the American Society for Civil Engineers is traveling to the National Concrete Canoe Competition. This year it was in Montreal Canada. While it may look like a regular city Montreal does have its little quarks like not making left turns while on the island of Montreal. On the first day of competition 1 team got 2 tickets for making illegal left turns. It was really interesting seeing what these schools could do with a couple hundred pounds of concrete. While some of the boats looked like a piece of sidewalk in the shape of a boat others looked like perfect fiberglass boats with a car like finish.

The race part of the competition took place at the 1976 olympic basin. The weather on race day was perfect and I got my old tan back. The move is a clip from the men's sprint finals. While I slaved away in Canada my wife and child enjoyed themselves in Williamsburg, VA. Grammie watched James for the day while Kami went to Water Country USA. I think next time I'll send Kami to a foreign country and I'll go to the waterpark.

2 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Congratulations Spencer you are now on your way to being a blogger. I would so trade places with you and go to Canada. My dream is to some day go where the Anne of Green Gable movies were filmed. A Megan Follows Pilgrimage!
Well love you guys and wish so bad I could see ya. Any possibilities you guys want to move out west?:) Please if you ever want to come visit, we would love having you!

Gram B said...

Are you any where in the movie? It sould like you both had a great adventure.
Love you all.