Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our puppy, Allie


Allie has been sick for the past week :( Over this past weekend, she vomited all over the house about a dozen times, and we ended up hospitalizing her where I work - with IV fluids and everything. I brought her home on Monday night and she seemed to be back to her old self. But yesterday, she had diarrhea all over our living room carpet. (sigh) So after cleaning that up, we kept her in her crate, but then during the night, she woke up three times, howling in her crate and pawing at it to get out. So each time I took her outside, she got sick. Finally at 3:50am, I called work and they told me I needed to bring her in and rehospitalize her since  she was getting worse. So I took her to work at 4am and shegot hooked back up to IV fluids and antibiotics. She will be staying there through the weekend now.  Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong with our puppy...

3 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

I am so sorry to hear that your puppy is sick. Hopefully they will beable to diagnose the issue and she will be on her way to perfect health.
I have to give it to you for cleaning up after she had her accidents. That would put me through the roof. Charlie vomited on the new carpet and I started bawling! lol

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

haha - Spencer actually took care of the vomit because I was at work that night. But yesterday she was on my watch, so I got to scrub the carpet. Allie is a perfectly behaved dog, so when she does stuff like this, I know she must feel really awful to have such an accident. So that's why I dont get upset.

The Boulter Family said...

We got your adorable Christmas card yesterday! Thank you so much for sending one. I love to receive Christmas cards with pictures. One of the highlights of the season.
I love the Christmas background you set up for the pictures of James and Allie. You are so clever! Cute Cute Cute!
p.s. how is Allie doing? I hope she is feeling better!