Today, Spencer and I spent a leisurely morning at home, and then went to a BBQ with friends at a beautiful park on the potomac river. We couldn't have had a better weather day - it was 80 degrees and overcast with a nice breeze coming off the river. We were invited to the BBQ by one of Spencer's former co-workers. There was about 16 of us in all, 2 little babies and a few other younger kids :) It was so nice!! And of course we had SO much food. Oh my goodness. Every kind of hot dog you could eat, and every kind of dessert you could ever want!!
Spencer was definitely in his element with 3 Smokey Joe grills and all the BBQ tools (toys) that a guy could want. I do have to say this was a first for Spencer. I don't think he has ever BBQ'd with 3 true New Yorkers, but I think he won them over with his 1500 degree creme brulee torch. That thing attracts men like a moth to light. The boys lit everything they could with that torch.
James, of course had a complete meltdown 15 minutes into the get together. We had to go sit in the car swaddled with a pacifier for 20 minutes to calm down. Then he passed out in his carseat in the picnic area. Our friends Rob and T
We spent about4 hours with our friends and then decided to head on home where we all got cleaned up and relaxed for a few hours - little James was SO tired.
Around 8pm, William came over and the pyro fest began. They had fun setting off fireworks :) James watched intently as the colors from the firworks exploded in the sky, and the loud noises didn't even phase him! Our neighbors were lighting off fireworks of their own, which were imported from the great state of Tennessee. They lit a 10 shot morter box that could almost have been used as a professional finale. Spencer and William say that we are definitely living in the wrong state when it comes to fireworks.
Overall I think it is safe to say that we all had one fabulous 4th of July.
2 comments:
Kami you are so beautiful in the picture of you and Spencer! Happy 4th of July, belated. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful day. Pick nicks in the park are the best and especially in the company of good friends. I am sure Spencer won them over with his barbeque/cooking skills; he is an excellent chef. I am trying to teach Robert, so he can cook dinner some time.
Robert and I were talking last night and saying it would be so fun to go to D.C. or New York for the 4th of July. I am sure you have been to both; so what one would you recommend we save our money and vacation time for? Or is it so crazy that it is not even worth the time. How about we all save up and go to China for Chinese New Year; I know fanciful dream. I would love to do that though. That would be some fire work show.
Well I love you guys and wish we lived closer. This not getting to see James in person is killing me.
You did a great job on the picture with you and Spencer. It sounds like you had a great time on the 4th. And the 'boys' always get a great amount of joy when they play with fire.
Can't wait to see you all. Love you.
Post a Comment