Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trip to San Francisco :)


Today we toured San Francisco! It was my first time there!!! We had a blast - we went to fisherman's wharf, the aquarium by the bay, gharadelli square, and an awesome place to eat. Sara introduced me to a wonderful San Francisco treat of garlic fries! Now when I say garlic, I mean GARLIC - lots of chunks of raw garlic, all over french fries - and it ROCKED my taste buds :)mmmm :)



We had an awesome time at the aquarium - it was the first time I can remember where I have been to one. I even got to pet a stingray and a tiger shark! The stingray was so soft - I couldn't believe it! It was like velvet! It was fun watching my niece, Sophie and my nephew, Simon react to the fish - Simon was fascinated with the sharks and Sophie loved the divers!

Fisherman's wharf even had a hard rock cafe/ store there. I have never been to one, and I went into the store determined to buy a teeshirt that said Hard Rock Cafe...I found one I liked, but I could not reason my way into buying a $28 teeshirt. That's right folks. A $28 teeshirt...No thanks...

I was able to see alcatraz from the wharf - that place fascinates me. Maybe next trip I'll get out there to tour it. As we were walking up to ghardelli square, Sara pointed out an alcatraz onesie in a store!! The onesie says "Property of Alcatraz Penetentary, REJECT...TOO CUTE" Hehehe - I bought one for James. How could I resist?? I know I know... I can reason my way into buying that, but not a hard rock cafe teeshirt....I need to get my priorites straight :) I did end up getting an "I love San Francisco" shirt. I am such a tourist...

Up at Ghiradelli square, I bought Spencer some milk chocolate, and also some fabulous semi sweet morsels for his chocolate chip cookies :) Mmmmmmmm.........

I was a bit facinated with the landscape - namely the hills. Honestly, who would need to go to the gym after going up and down those hills all day?? The trollies and cable cars were fun to watch too!

It was a FABULOUS trip. The weather was PERFECT. A little cool and overcast at the start - but it warmed up and became sunny, but still with a nice breeze off the bay :) Perfect, perfect, perfect!!! I loved being there with my sister and her kids and enjoying everything!!


I have to give props to little James. He stayed in that stroller for 4 hours and not a peep except the one time he was hungry. He sat in it and smiled the entire time. Quite a change from what he is usually like in a stroller - I was so proud of him.

More blogs to follow as the adventure continues!!! Tomorrow...the beach!!

2 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

So incredibly lucky!!! To be with your sister and in San Francisco! Can I visit? :) Sounds like you are having an awesome time and I love the pictures, please keep them coming! You are a girl that takes after my own heart. Whenever I go to a new place I insist on buying a tee-shirt. That is my souvenir…a souvenir you can where how perfect can it get. Some day when all my souvenir tee-shirts have gone to the point of no return, I want to cut the logos off the shirt and make a tee-shirt quilt. Then I can cuddle with my souvenirs! :)
So when you went to Ghirardelli Square did it smell like chocolate? Someday I have got to get myself to San Francisco. I want to take my Mom; she lived there when she was a teenager. Anyone that knows the places to go and not to go is a precious commodity.
I love James’s onesie, fabulous choice Mom!

McLaughlin Family said...

Kami-
The onesie you bought James was way cute! It is amazing how much he looks like you. Looks like you are having fun and James is getting so big so fast!