Last week James and I traveled down to see my parents in Williamsburg and for my birthday dinner we went out to Pierce's Pit BBQ where I was treated to a FULL rack of ribs and slaw. Followed by a trip to Rita's for a root beer gelato! It doesn't get much better than that! It was fun being down with my parents and being able to relax for a day or two. I treated myself to a brand new jogging stroller - pictures to follow soon! James and I put it together and went for a long run down the historic streets of Colonial Williamsburg. It was wonderful! I was treated by my hubby to a pedicure (all by myself!!!! for a whole hour!!!!) and then two days later, I spent two hours at a salon called "Hairy Solutions" where I had my hair dyed RED and trimmed. AWESOME!!
I came home on Friday afternoon (Spencer had been in Tampa and came home on Friday morning) and enjoyed some quality time with Spencer. Saturday after work, we went shopping for a couple things that we needed. At Nordstrom Rack we found a pair of sketchers lights sneakers for James! They are size 6, and he can almost fit in them, but not quite. The wonderful sandals my parents got him from stride rite have been VERY loved. Whenever James knows we are going out, he finds both his sandals and brings them to us so we can put them on, and he heads straight for the front door. But sadly, he is starting to grow out of them :( The great thing about the sandals is he can out grow them a little bit, but he can still wear them. We also found a really nice knit bolero that I can wear with my sleeveless dresses. It is so hard to find cute dresses with sleeves, and lately the sun dresses have been calling my name. But for those of you that know why, I need some kind of coverage that they don't provide! So that was exciting. Not to mention it was a $78 bolero for $27 **BIG SMILES** I <3>
On Sunday, James gave us an early birthday present. He slept in till 8:15!! Bliss.... Spencer treated me to a breakfast of fresh lemonade and an omelet, complete with bacon, onion and cheese!! 
mmmm mmmm good! We put James down for a morning nap and I went for a little run. Then we all went to church (we did skip out after sacrament though). After short naps all around, we were off to Viva Vienna Festival!!! It was so much fun. Its a big carnival with vendors, rides, funnel cake, face painting and all that good stuff! Our first stop was the Merry go round - Spencer and James did it together and it was James' first real ride! I am sure there will be many more rides to follow as he grows up!
We then sat down for a dinner of BBQed mac and cheese (James), gyros, BBQ bark, lemonade (are you noticing a trend here with the lemonade??) and french fries. William joined us a little while later and we walked through all the vendors (they had some really neat stuff!!) and enjoyed some funnel cake and ice cream. Uncle William watched James and Spencer and I did a ride together..the SIZZLER...I get my kicks out of stuff like that, but it takes quite a bit to thrill Spencer haha. So William and I sent Spencer to the ride that does a 30 ft vertical drop. He did it twice. I can't imagine how that feels on a stomach full of funnel cake.... Then we came home and relaxed. It had been a fun busy day!

mmmm mmmm good! We put James down for a morning nap and I went for a little run. Then we all went to church (we did skip out after sacrament though). After short naps all around, we were off to Viva Vienna Festival!!! It was so much fun. Its a big carnival with vendors, rides, funnel cake, face painting and all that good stuff! Our first stop was the Merry go round - Spencer and James did it together and it was James' first real ride! I am sure there will be many more rides to follow as he grows up!
We then sat down for a dinner of BBQed mac and cheese (James), gyros, BBQ bark, lemonade (are you noticing a trend here with the lemonade??) and french fries. William joined us a little while later and we walked through all the vendors (they had some really neat stuff!!) and enjoyed some funnel cake and ice cream. Uncle William watched James and Spencer and I did a ride together..the SIZZLER...I get my kicks out of stuff like that, but it takes quite a bit to thrill Spencer haha. So William and I sent Spencer to the ride that does a 30 ft vertical drop. He did it twice. I can't imagine how that feels on a stomach full of funnel cake.... Then we came home and relaxed. It had been a fun busy day!So that is our update for now :) We have a couple busy weeks ahead. But after the first week in July things will settle down quite a bit.

1 comment:
I'm so glad that you had a fun birthday - it sounds packed with all of the things that you enjoy!
Post a Comment