Thursday, October 15, 2009

Busy

I should be embarrassed. My last post was in July. That was over 3 months ago. I remember sitting down with my husband in the middle of June, and discussing how things were going to quiet down. Instead they have sped up! All I can do is briefly go over the things we have been up to!

July we witnessed the marriage of a dear friend of ours - we adore his new wife Jackie!! This was followed by me having knee surgery (which didn't even slow me down). James turned 16 months, and we couldn't believe how fast he was growing up!

August brought fun things and sad things. I had picked up quite a few extra shifts, and we were able to bring my father in law out to help Spencer build our brand new deck. We have since spent every day playing on it. We LOVE it and they did a fantastic job. Around that time, we also lost a dear friend of our family, and I was able to attend his funeral. Not much more I can say about it, except that he was a fine man, and loved deeply by his family and friends. He is sorely missed. August also brought my brothers birthday, and time with my side of the family. I love spending time with my family - my side, Spencer's side and even friends we consider family :)

September was a little insane. Especially the end of the month. I was able to go down and see my parents in the beginning of the month, which was AWESOME. We went to Busch Gardens, and enjoyed the coming fall breeze walking around the historic area. We enjoyed some consistency through the middle of the month. James had his 18 month appointment, and perfected his running ability. He learned how to say milk and car and a few other words! His tonsils were becoming a concern, but the doctor just said to watch them. This little guy is truly the light of my life (as is Spencer). Even the hard times, I look at his little face and am overcome with more love than I ever thought possible. He really is a special little guy. Spencer was called to St. Louis with 24 hours notice the Sunday a week before we left for California (lots of travel this month) And had to run a conference he knew nothing about. Of course he did awesome! :) He rocks :) He then flew from St. Louis to Boston, to work on a conference that he was in charge of. He came home in the evening on Saturday. We were fortunate enough with friends, babysitters and wonderful neighbors who stepped in to help me with my nightly work schedule and watch James. It was a long week, and we were both grateful for the blessing of good friends. Three days after Spencer got home, we left for California. We had an wonderful trip. It was great to see the Boulter's and everyone was wonderful - I even got to take TWO big naps while we were there! We visited Santa Barbara, the LA temple and Disneyland! So much fun and super tiring :) James was a TROOPER on the flight to and from CA. He did SO good. Spencer and I were very very VERY proud of our little boy, and won't hesitate to make the trip with him again.

This puts us in October! We came back on October 3rd and the work week started right back up for me the following day. The following weekend was my best friend's wedding (we have known each other since we were 5 years old!!!) I was honored to be in her bridal party and help with the little things that make a wedding special. She was a stunning bride and it was SO much fun.

Which brings us to this week (phew!) After all this going on, James got sick. I'm telling you this boy has been a trooper for how we've been pulling him this way and that. He has been so patient with us and our schedules. I feel truly blessed to have such an amazing little boy. Yes I am bragging gosh darn it! So when he got sick this week, we did a major slow down. He had a fever for three days, getting into the 103's and what the worst part was, was his tonsils. He was having so much problems breathing because of them. I was able to get an appointment with our Ear Nose and Throat doctor who's been on his case, and she couldn't believe how impressive his tonsils had gotten. The tonsils were "kissing" they were so big and so close. They started him on antibiotics and steroids, and checked him for strep and the flu. We have another appointment tomorrow. It looks like we will be scheduling surgery to remove the tonsils and adenoids. I have heard the recovery is horrible (2 weeks) in little kids, and the doctor would prefer to not have to do it until James is at least 2. But with the difficulty he has had this week, I don't think we will wait that long. We are keeping our fingers crossed, and just want to do what is in his best interest.

Next week James and I are going down to Williamsburg to visit my parents for some much needed Grammie and Grampie Stauffer time and some much needed R and R. I will be bringing down his Halloween costume and we are taking him to Halloscream at Busch Gardens! I think there will be lots of naps taken and walking trips around the historic area. It will be a blast and I am really looking forward to it!

November and December will bring a LOT of work. I am scheduled nearly every week for 5 days (40-50 hours a week). Christmas last year was rough, and very stressful for our little family, so Spencer and I are working extra hard to make sure this Christmas is enjoyed by all :) I even got off Christmas day! (last year I worked Christmas eve and day...yuck) We get to spend it in Williamsburg with my parents and family. I can't even begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to Christmas. It is my favorite of favorite holidays. The smells, the lights, the feeling, I love it all. You can count on me starting to decorate as soon as Spencer will allow it. ;-) I can't wait to share the wonders of Christmas with our little boy. He already has Christmas presents hidden away in our closet! Hopefully we can even make it to the temple to enjoy the Christmas lights...*sigh* I love this time of year.

I think that is all for now. I feel like I am leaving some parts out! I feel very blessed that we have been able to do the things we have this year. I feel truly blessed to be part of such a remarkable family, and so very proud to be James' mom :) What a blessing motherhood is. Even when the world is spinning so quickly around us, our children's sweet smiles bring us into the stillness of comfort and peace.

2 comments:

McLaughlin Family said...

Hey Kami! Good to hear from you guys again. Can't believe James is getting so bug already; but geez, sorry about the tonsil situation. Hope all goes well and we miss you guys!

Spencer, Kami, James and Madelynn said...

We miss you too!!!