Saturday, October 24, 2009

I won't go into the dirty, horrible details of this week in my health. But last night I was diagnosed with Mono.

I'm 26. Really? I thought that was a kissing disease that only teenagers get.

After a 4 hour visit to the emergency room here in Williamsburg (my Dad was such a trooper - we were there from 10:30pm to 3am, and he maintained a great sense of humor the whole time) Iv fluids, steroid shot, pain medication and some bloodwork, I left feeling better than I have felt in over a week. My tonsils look awful (pus pockets everywhere....you wanted to know that right?), my lymph nodes are huge, but as long as the fever stays down (was 103.2 last night) and the pain in my throat stays down, I think I'll be A-okay. The weakness is a little annoying, but whatever.

Looks like I'll be missing more work. Not thrilled about that. Its getting close to Christmas, and there is stuff I want to get for family, so this better clear up soon.

Heading home tomorrow. Spencer gets home tonight from vermont. I was grateful to be down here and able to be taken care of and help with James since I wasn't at my best. My parents are great. Spencer is taking Monday off from work so I can get better enough to go back to work. Hopefully by wednesday, but Spencer says he'll be the judge of that.

Thats all for now. Looking forward to hopefully being able to take James trick or treating this coming saturday. I better be in good enough shape for that at least.

No comments: