Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ahhhh September... Thus starts my favorite time of year. Autumn brings with it crisp, cool mornings, the smell of apples and cinnamon, beautiful colors on the trees, and a feeling of slowing down. I really began to have an appreciation for the fall when I was living in Buena Vista, VA going to school at SVU. The town is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere virginia, in the valley of the Blue Ridge Mountains. I remember waking up every morning in the fall to the sound of the train, and the smell of wood burning fires, and crisp mountain air. I loved it. It was so peaceful.




This October, Spencer, James and I will be going down to SVU for homecoming weekend, for 3 days of camping, some alumni fun, a little football and major fun had by all. It will be little James' first camping trip! We will be joining 3 other couples who we went to school with too. It is going to be a blast! It will be so nice to experience the slower pace and beautiful outdoors down there again.




James is now 5 1/2 months old. Can you believe it? He is SUCH a fun little boy. He rolls all over the floor now, and is starting to discover how to crawl. Its more like his strong little legs catapult him forward and his arms can't keep up yet. He has lots of different sounds too. He has just about mastered the sounds for "Mama". He sits really well with a little support, although he is WAY to busy to sit still for any period of time. He is eating solid food now twice a day. I think among his favorites are peaches, sweet potatoes and carrots. But the kid will eat just about anything. We can't believe how much he eats. A boy with a hollow leg already :)



My brother, William, had his 30th birthday this past sunday, the 31st. We all went to sacrament at the Oakton Ward (where my parents had been going almost since they joined the church in 1981!) and then a few hours later went to Lightfoot restraunt in Leesburg. The food was fabulous and so was the company. We all had a really good time, and William was grateful to have family there. Even James was a perfect little boy during the nice dinner. Granpie had him sitting on his lap the whole time teaching him bad habits - thats what grandparents are for :) James was fascinated by the glasses on the table, and constantly reached out for the one granpie was using.


















My parents took Spencer and my picture at dinner, and we were shocked at how different we look compared to a year ago. More tired than anything else I guess!
Well the little boy just woke up, and I know he's hungry, so I best run along. I will update more as soon as I get a chance :)












3 comments:

The Boulter Family said...

Hooray!!!! I am so thrilled there is a blog entry! I love love love love reading and seeing pictures on your blog. I miss not getting to see pictures of all of you. The flowers were beautiful, but I am so glad there are pictures of the ones I love now! I am sure you have been very busy with being a mom and working so I totally understand. I don’t want you to feel like I am giving you a hard time; I’m just kidding with you.
Oh fall, if it could forever be fall or spring! You live in the most amazing place for fall, so lucky. Someday I hope to experience going back East to see the trees put on their fall splendor. Please if you can take pictures, I would greatly appreciate it. The other day it snowed here…in the mountains and I was so excited because I could feel that crispness in the air. However it was short lived and the temperatures are creeping back to summer weather.
Camping is very fun! I love to go camping it is one of my most favorite activities. Of course my Mom has a camp trailer so we really don’t rough it. That will be a great family activity going back to SVU. Will it be James first football game?
Happy belated birthday William! He is such a good looking guy. What is he up to these days? It looks like you all had a fun time. The picture of you and Spencer is so good. You both look amazing and with an heir of being cool parents! Oh James how I wish I could give you a big kiss. He is so precious Kami! I love you guys , take care.

Sara said...

YAY! You updated your blog!!!! Wahoo! The pictures look great and I don't think that you look tired; that's a great pic of you and Spencer.

Little boy is adorable as always :)

McLaughlin Family said...

Kami and Spencer-I know this is a little late but Happy Anniversary. We just had our second too! Can't believe you guys get to go to Homecoming at SVU! I guess that's what we get for living on the other side of the country!